Our AGM and Members’ Event is online again this year.
This year, sessions will be run as Zoom ‘meetings’ (rather than webinars), which means everyone can speak and share their camera if they want to.
In Zoom meetings, if you turn on your camera/microphone to speak, you will appear on the stream/recording. We will let you know which sessions are being livestreamed/recorded and which ones are not. Chat/Q&A messages are not streamed but may be read out by hosts or speakers. Read more in our Data Processing Consent statement below.
You can communicate with us, the NSUN team, through the chat or the Q&A function on Zoom. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any technical difficulties during the event.
Here are some of the principles from our group agreement for the chat/Q&A.
- Let’s take a non-judgmental approach, for each other and our different experiences and roles
- Let’s be inclusive and welcoming of difference and diversity – to keep these spaces safe, we will challenge the use of offensive, derogatory or discriminatory language and remove anyone who makes others feel unsafe
- Please challenge an issue not the person
- Be mindful of and curious about other people’s views and beliefs
- Only share what you feel comfortable sharing and be considerate and respectful of people’s information
- Humour is welcome – as long as it doesn’t offend others
- Feel free to swear, but please don’t swear at other people
- Try to keep your language accessible, for example try not to use acronyms or abbreviations without explanation
- Feel free to share ideas and themes outside of the discussion, but please don’t share other people’s personal experiences which they have shared in the chat/Q&A
- Please don’t screenshot or live tweet what is shared in the chat/Q&A. It’s OK to share what the speakers/panellists are saying
- Just like in a face-to-face group, we can’t guarantee that confidentiality won’t be broken by others- please only share in the chat/Q&A what you are comfortable sharing
If you would like to speak to someone from the NSUN team directly about an issue you are experiencing, please use the dropdown box in the chat to speak to Zoe Kirby/Amy Wells/Ruairi White/Mary Sadid/Kaiisha Kukendra/Akiko Hart directly. You can also email us at email@example.com if you are experiencing technical difficulties or need assistance accessing the event.
Data Processing Consent
National Survivor User Network
Information provided during your registration to this event is collected and processed under the basis of our legitimate interest to provide you with a networking event and Annual General Meeting.
Uses & Sharing
We use your information to process your registration application and to communicate with you about details and joining links for this event.
No anonymous participation is possible in our event or AGM. By participating in this event your name and/or organisation may be visible to other attendees.
Live streamed events may include mentioning names of attendees who ask questions. By registering you agree to your first name or social media handle being mentioned and shared if you ask a question via our social media channels or via the platform on the day.
We temporarily and securely provide personal information from our database to our voting service, Choice Voting, to allow members to vote on the AGM motions. We require them to protect your information from loss, misuse, and unauthorised access in the same way we do. We do not share your information with anyone else or use it for any other purpose.
You have the right to receive the information we hold about you, ask to correct it or to delete it.
You have the option to unsubscribe from e-mailings on every email you receive from us.
If you reside in the EU, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State of your habitual residence, place of work or place of infringement, if you feel that the processing of your personal data infringes the General Data Protection regulation (GDPR).
020 7820 8982